Are you finding that your emails from Agency MVP are going straight to your spam? That means you need to 'whitelist' our domain email. Basically, that means you are putting us on the "Approved" or "Safe Sender" list. Your steps will be different based on the email provider.
If that doesn't work, you can try the following:
- Open Gmail, click the Settings icon from the menu → Settings.
- Click Filters and Blocked Addresses → Create a new filter.
- In the “From” field, add either the email address you want to whitelist or the domain. For example, email@example.com or @agencymvp.com.
- Click Create filter then select “Never send it to Spam.”
- Click Create filter again to finish the process.
- Open Outlook and go to the “Home” tab.
- In the “Delete” group, click Junk → Junk E-mail Options.
- Go to the Safe Senders tab and click Add.
- In the “Add address or domain” dialog box, add the email address or domain name you want to whitelist. For example firstname.lastname@example.org or @agencymvp.com.
- Click OK and confirm the email address or domain appears in your safe senders list.
- Click Mail → Preferences → Rules.
- Click Add Rule.
- Add “Whitelist Ontraport” in the description field.
- Set the first dropdown to “any” so that your first condition says “If any of the following conditions are met.”
- In the next two dropdown menus, add “From” in the first, and “Ends with” in the second.
- Add “@agencymvp.com” in the text field after “Ends with.”
- Set your dropdowns to “Move Message” to the “mailbox:Inbox:” in the “Perform the following actions” section.
- Click Ok.
- Log in and click the gear icon in the upper right hand corner of your screen. At the bottom of the menu, choose “See all Outlook settings.”
- Choose “Mail” then “Junk Email.”
- Click “Add” below Safe Senders and domains. Add agencymvp.com and hit save in the lower right hand corner of the screen.