"Simple Mail Transfer Protocol" - If you use Gmail as your email server, it is best to set up SMTP within MVP to ensure deliverability of your emails
SMTP Set-Up (Google)
- First, you will need to set up your 2-Step Verification in your Google account.
- Open your google account and click your name at the top right.
- Click “Manage your Google Account”
- Click “Security” on the left menu
- Under “Signing in to Google,” select 2-Step Verification and then “Get started.”
Follow the steps provided on the screen
After this step has been completed, we now need to set up an App Password.
In the Security section you will now see “App Passwords”.
- Select the App passwords option. You will then select “Mail” and for the device, select “Other (Custom name) and type in Agency MVP.
- Click “GENERATE” and this will then generate an app password.
- Highlight and copy that password.
Log into your Agency MVP account. Select your name at the top right, then My Account Settings.
- In the SMTP Domain box enter ”smtp.gmail.com”
- In SMTP Username type in your Google email address
- In SMTP Password box, paste the password that was generated from your Google account.
Click “Update” at the bottom.