Every Agency MVP account has texting capabilities built into it, there are no activation steps required to utilize this feature.
- A masked number is assigned to each account upon creation. This number can be found on the Account Information page of the admin account. When anyone in your agency text out of MVP it will come from this number.
- Your assigned number should have the same area code as your office number, or at least an area code that is nearby.
- If someone tries to call the phone number you are texting them from, it will ring to the phone number listed in the Organization Settings. This should be your main office line.
- You can receive pictures via text message.
- You can send PDF documents via text message using the paper clip icon in the text message window. (File size limit of 5MB)
- Text messages can only be sent if you have the SMS Consent box checked.
- The assigned owner will receive an audible notification that will alert you when you receive a new text message if you are in your MVP account.
- The assigned owner will also receive an email notification that they have received a text message within their MVP account. TIP: If you are not near a computer, you can reply to this email to text the household back.
- An opt out message is included in text messages once every 30 days per TCPA compliance by default. This setting can be found in the Organization Settings section of the Account Information page.
- If a household texts you “STOP”, the SMS Consent box is automatically unchecked and you will not be able to text them until they text you “START”.
- Workflow text messages are only sent between 8 am and 8 pm per the time zone listed in the Organization Settings.
Sending a Text Message
- In order to text a phone number, you must have the SMS Consent box checked.
- Once you check the SMS Consent box, the Send Message button will now be clickable.
- Type in the message you would like to send, then press enter on your keyboard and the message will send.
Text Message History
- Text messages can be found by clicking the Message icon in the right sidenav.
- You can click on the individual households name to open up their details page
- You can click the message icon to the right of the household name to open up the text thread
- To see different user's messages, click the filter icon and select the staff member's names whose messages you would like to see.
- If a message is highlighted in blue, that message is unread. You must click on that message to mark it as read.
- To mark an open message as unread, archive the text thread, or leave the chat, click the 3 dots to the right and select your desired action.
*MVP reserves the right to modify its Fees and to introduce new Fees at any time, which may include without limitation: $0.02 per SMS or text message in excess of the 3,000 SMS or text messages per month which may be included in your monthly and/or annual MVP plan(s).